Is baby a boy or girl?

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vampires and HPTs

So, the appointment went well. Turns out I cant have my old midwife as I now have 2 c-sections under my belt (oh and the fact that shes moving overseas may also have something to do with her not taking me on again) so a discussion was had with the GP to figure out what my other options are. Not too keen on going through hospital midwives as its a different midwife for almost every visit! But we have a solution, my GP is happy to act as my LMC, with a referral to the hospital obstetrician towards the end to get a date for my 3rd (and last!) c-section.

He even pulled out the old portable scanner to see if we could catch a glimpse of the wee dot but no luck, so I am booked in for a do-over in 2 weeks time. Once he has confirmed a foetus and a heartbeat, I will go for an official dating scan.

Surprisingly, with the absence of a visible foetus, he didnt once ask me to go and do a HPT, just took my word for it that i have '3 or 4' positive HPTs at home (the reality is there are 15!!) and then sent me off to the friendly neighbourhood vampires to get the usual ante-natal blood tests done.

Symptom spotting check...

Nausea is back, getting very close to the return of the vomiting, but have been able to hold off so far.
Reallly sore boobs, without anything even touching them. Needless to say, E has lost his toys, much to his disappointment, especially since they seem to have gotten biger overnight!
Cramps are still coming and going
And last one for today, sooo tired!

Will check back in when blood test results come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment