Is baby a boy or girl?

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I am geek, hear me RAWR!

So I have been playing mad scientist, and experimenting with the old red cabbage pH test that sems to be all the rage amongst pregnant women at the moment. Basic concept is boil lots of red cabbage in small amount of water, and the pigment in the cabbage acts as a pH measuring aid. Mix the water with equal parts of a pregnant womens urine (preferably one who hasnt eaten/drank in some time as it can distort results) and if it stays dark (alkaline), it could be a girl, if it goes light/clear red (acidic) then it could be a boy.

Wasnt sure what the benchmark for boy or girl colouring was in this little test, so I played a game... I also tested with Malt vinegar (known alkaline), White vinegar and Orange juice (both known to be acidic)

So... from Left to Right we have

Straight red cabbage water, mixed with my wees, with Malt vinegar, with orange juice, and then white vinegar.

Photobucket

So... verdict at this stage is alkaline, which seems to be the girl option...

Guess I'll know for sure if the test was right in about 5-6 weeks, while the rest of you will have to wait another 26 weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment